Who knows if I even accomplish half of any one of these resolutions, but I’ll throw my hat in the ring and commit to something different than the usual resolutions that people do.
In no particular order:
- Practice being neutral as a DM.
- Yet, be a cheerleader for the PC’s. You can still be that hot brunette chick on the sidelines in a miniskirt for the homecoming game, rooting for the players, even if not actively influencing the outcome of the game.
- Don’t feel bad when the PC’s do dumb shit that gets them killed. Or when they walk right past obviously hidden treasure.
- Run more adventures that resolve within 1-3 sessions.
- Read more. A LOT more.
- True inclusiveness recognizes (and respects) that everyone’s version of fantasy and what is fun is different; not the same homogenization of boring shit. So, I’m going to do my part in my community (albeit it a tiny one) to further the time tested traditions of chicks in chainmail bikinis (in distress, needing to be saved, of course), femme racist elves, gonzo 14 year old boy humor, and Evil DM shenanigans.
- Paint the boxes upon boxes of unpainted Reaper miniatures I’ve collected…
- Drink more while playing D&D.
- Draw more maps with cool adventure hooks for when things go off the rails.
- Listen to more Black Sabbath.
- Work on a better list of resolutions for 2019.