In RPGs, we play heroes. This Memorial Day, please remember the real heroes of our world.
Just in time for Valentine’s Day (or, as the Infectious Disease doctor I am, I refer to it as VD day).
Old Spice, who you may know as your Grandpa’s favorite scent, has really been going out of their way to attract the millennials with various funny commercials and sponsorships on twitch.tv, etc. Well, they created a character class for D&D 5e. It’s quite funny and professionally done. However, the one thing I think they left out was Advantage on Pussy checks that resets with a short rest.
I don’t see that this was put up to the DM’s Guild. Here is a link to download the PDF yourself, and below is their original tweet announcement:
Who knows if I even accomplish half of any one of these resolutions, but I’ll throw my hat in the ring and commit to something different than the usual resolutions that people do.
In no particular order:
- Practice being neutral as a DM.
- Yet, be a cheerleader for the PC’s. You can still be that hot brunette chick on the sidelines in a miniskirt for the homecoming game, rooting for the players, even if not actively influencing the outcome of the game.
- Don’t feel bad when the PC’s do dumb shit that gets them killed. Or when they walk right past obviously hidden treasure.
- Run more adventures that resolve within 1-3 sessions.
- Read more. A LOT more.
- True inclusiveness recognizes (and respects) that everyone’s version of fantasy and what is fun is different; not the same homogenization of boring shit. So, I’m going to do my part in my community (albeit it a tiny one) to further the time tested traditions of chicks in chainmail bikinis (in distress, needing to be saved, of course), femme racist elves, gonzo 14 year old boy humor, and Evil DM shenanigans.
- Paint the boxes upon boxes of unpainted Reaper miniatures I’ve collected…
- Drink more while playing D&D.
- Draw more maps with cool adventure hooks for when things go off the rails.
- Listen to more Black Sabbath.
- Work on a better list of resolutions for 2019.
Lots of 50-80% off classic RPG games at GOG for Christmas!
We got this really funny card sent with cookies to our work today:
I have really been enjoying the Back Friday sales lately for various RPG publishers this year. I’ve got quite a few boxes of books coming; I’ve told my wife to just go ahead and wrap them and put them under the tree for me for Christmas. Nothing like picking your own gifts!
Looks like some more deals coming our way heading into Chrstmas. Check out this Advent Calendar of Deals from Troll Lord Games!